Lovely quiet little town known for the Threshing Bee and the Rock in the Road on Lucy street.
This is a pleasant and thriving little village, situated on the line of the Leavenworth, Topeka & Southwestern Railroad, and not far from the eastern boundary of the county. Its location is an excellent one, being in the midst of a thickly settled and wealthy farming region.
The town was founded in 1881, and was so named from the original owner of the land, and who still owns a portion of the town site. Though so new, it already has a large country trade. Nearly all branches of trade are represented by the business houses, and there are already good grain shipping facilities. The population numbers about one hundred.
The town has a good school, which is liberally kept up by the public-spirited citizens.